Verkrijgbaar op rol:
- 68 cm breed en 1 meter lang
- 68 cm breed en 10 meter lang
Ook per meter verkrijgbaar.
Quality control of our BEVA® 371 Film is exercised by their inventor Gustav B. Berger. As an improvement, our film is attached to a silicone-coated Mylar (Melinex) which makes both the film and the release sheet fully transparent.
• BEVA® 371 film is solvent-free and does not produce any harmful solvent vapors during application. • The transparent support allows the film to be cut precisely any shape and to place it exactly where desired. This is particularly useful in the consolidation of collages and sensitive materials.
• Since BEVA® 371 does not adhere to anything before it is activated with either heat or solvents, it can be inserted into loose areas, and delaminating paint can be properly aligned while the adhesive is inactive. The adhesive is then activated with a hot air blower up to 150°F (65°C). This procedure eliminates any staining and is least harmful to the texture of the paint.
• BEVA® 371 forms a cushion which prevents weave interference. A double layer of the film may be used where the weave is pronounced.
• BEVA® 371 film is ideally suited for transparent linings.
• BEVA® 371 is equally useful for textile and paper conservators. Since it is not a liquid, it can be applied to small, clearly defined areas without fear of spreading.
• BEVA® 371 can be removed from absorbent surfaces by using hexane or acetone, provided these solvents do not damage the art work involved. These solvents do not dissolve the film but merely swell it and, therefore, do not contaminate or stain absorbent materials.