0 – 80 µ
Only a few kinds of the Turquoise minerals are suitable for the pigment production. Turquoise is a blue-to-green mineral that is a hydrous phosphate of copper and aluminium, with the chemical formula CuAl6(PO4)4(OH)8·4H2O.
- Chemical description: A hydrous phosphate of copper and aluminium.
- Chemical Formula: Cu(Al,Fe)6(PO4)4(OH)8 · 4 H2O
- Lightfastness – medium:8
- Lightfastness – thinned:8
- Lightfastness – concentrated:8
- Suitability Acrylics, Tempera, Watercolor / Gouache
- Color Blue, Turquoise
- Form powder
- Solubility in water insoluble